Sunday, December 11, 2011

First post: Italian pan-fried kelp noodles w/ Calamari

Hi everyone, welcome to Raf's Kitchen. This is my first time blogging, so please bare with me. :)




In my kitchen, every creation are based on Paleo/Primal ingredients. Each person has their own beliefs regarding their Paleo/Primal lifestyle. I never claim to be 100% Paleo, as that would be quit impossible, but I do try to stay 80% Paleo at all times. If certain recipes are not Paleo friendly, I would state it clearly in the post.


I would like to share my first recipe, Italian pan-fried kelp noodles w/ fresh calamari. My father stir fried something similar with spaghetti, but since I am now paleo, I have adapted his recipe into a Paleo/Primal Friendly dish.:





Ingredients:
8oz of sliced calamari
1/2 pack of Kelp Noodles in water (Take out of package, drain and soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
1/3 can of Anchovies
4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of chopped curly parsley
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tbsp chopped leek (optional)
1 tsp of Kerry Gold Butter (Or your choice of Paleo friendly butter)
1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp Paleo Mayo (Optional)

Directions:


1. Heat the butter and coconut oil in a frying pan. As the oil gets hot, add in garlic, leek, parsley, anchovies and black pepper.
2. After the garlic starts to slightly brown, add in calamari. Cook for a few minutes until Calamari is cooked.
3. Strain kelp noodles and mix it in with the rest of the ingredients cooking in the pan. thoroughly mix all ingredients. You could add a teaspoon of homemade paleo mayo if you desire. Hope you enjoy this dish! :)

- Raf

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Raf! Looking forward to more dishes coming from your kitchen to cook in mine!! 2nd time this week I've seen kelp noodles; they are now on the grocery list for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken! Will try not to disappoint anyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete